Sunday, June 5, 2011

Third time's the charm?

Game 3 of the NBA Finals tonight, and hopefully the game will be every bit as good as the first two, but without the silly analysis afterwards.

Oh, and an update about the Buster Posey incident. Apparently, the Giants organization release a statement downplaying the comments of their GM basically saying that his comments about Scott Cousins were made out of frustration. Also, The GM himself came out and said that he was just frustrated and didn't mean anything negative towards Cousins. Now, if I were Cousins, I'm not sure that I could take someone saying that "if we never saw him again or he never played another day in the big leagues" in anything but a negative light.

And then there's the death threats Cousins and his family have received... I would think, given what happened with the Giants fan being beaten at the Dodgers game, that they would have better sense than this. Don't get me wrong, I know it isn't all Giants fans. But for the few that feel the need to do something dumb, maybe you should take Buster Posey's advice on the situation and "move on."

On an entirely unrelated note, NFL overtime is just stupid. For being the most popular sport in the US, lately it seems that the NFL gives its fans the least in return. I've seen several polls that pretty much agree with my viewpoint. I mean, with the current system, if a game is a complete shootout between 2 teams that goes into OT, the game is, in a way, basically decided by a flip of the coin. It should definitely be changed. Maybe the NFL could look to the NCAA on this? And maybe the NFL could help the NCAA on figuring out how to find a real national champion? But I'll save that for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment