Friday, June 3, 2011

The reason for.... this...

Okay, first post. Better make it good, right?

Well, let me start of by giving some information about this blog. First and foremost, it's a sports blog. Mainly because I've noticed some incidents over the last couple days that just don't make much sense to me. That being said... let's begin. Or actually, I'll wait until the Shaq-tirement press conference is over...

Well... I was going to save this for last, but I think it deserves to be mentioned first and foremost.

To Shaq,

I'd like to say goodbye and congratulations on an unbelievable career in the NBA. You are definitely one of the greatest centers... no, scratch that... players the sport has ever seen. And more than that, you are one of the best ambassadors of your sport in history. It truly makes me sad to see you go. Although, that may be because it's a reminder of how much older I'm getting as I can remember your rookie season.

And now a disclaimer. I am a fan of the Philadelphia sporting organization, but this season I am pulling for the Miami Heat to win the title. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are in the finals as I've been rooting for them all season (except the first round of the playoffs, naturally). I think that it's unbelievable that they are so hated because of the LeBron James move. I fully believe that any person given the choice to carry the entire load for a team in a less than gorgeous location such as Cleveland or to join with 2 other superstars in a beautiful city like Miami... well, if you hate Miami because of LeBron, put yourself in his situation and see if you feel a bit two-faced. You'd have done the same thing he did.

Now, onto Scottie Pippen. Seriously, have some loyalty, man. I was never a huge Jordan fan, but I do realize that he is greatest player ever. I guess I should cut you some slack though, as everyone is entitled to their opinion... even if it's wrong.

I'm not sure if it was Jon Barry or Magic Johnson last night that said that the Dallas Mavericks won the game because of the bench scoring and rebounding. Don't get me wrong... I understand that overall in the big picture, this contributed, but in the last 7 minutes, I'm pretty sure there wasn't too much rebounding going on and very few points scored by the Mavs bench players. No, this was just a silly statement. The Mavs won simply because the Heat entirely collapsed offensively and defensively after going up by 15 points. Oh... that, and Dirk Nowitski is a beast. Period.

And finally, just a generally stupid statement I heard today. The SF Giants GM said of the Buster Posey/Scott Cousins home plate collision that Cousins was "trying to be a hero." Well... duh! In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game!" Injuries happen, even to stars. It was NOT... I repeat NOT a malicious play.

Talk to you again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment